Click on picture for a larger view and scroll down for the activities write up.
Activities on our property and surrounding area:
- Launch your kayak or canoe on the York River right from the property, for a short paddle or for hours.
- Trails throughout the property for you to walk or bike, with several benches where you can stop and enjoy nature. Relax by the creek and read a book or have a nap.
- County Trail is accessible right from the property, take a nice nature walk out to Redmond Bay, or a bike ride.
- We are located on Provincially designated scenic road routes so bring your motorcycle or bike.
- Add Stargazing to your list of things to do. We are part of the darkest region in the area, known as the "Dark Peninsula". This is the best view of the Milky Way that you can experience.
- Horseshoe Pits (regulation size)
- Badminton/volleyball Court (regulation size)
- Bocci ball/soccer balls/ etc. to start up a game...lots of room here for that
- Plenty of games available for you to borrow.
- Kite Flying
- Fire Pits
- Swimming in the York River
SURROUNDING AREA: Spring/Summer
- We are located minutes away from a free boat launch onto a 3 lake chain, Baptiste, Elephant and Benoir. These lakes offer hours of boating pleasure and terrific fishing. http://www.bancroftontario.com/fishing/ also for information on the many area lakes check out the following website, http://www.bancroftontario.com/blog/
- Algonquin Park's Southern entrance in only a 1/2 scenic drive away. http://www.bancroftontario.com/algonquin-park
- Visit Eagle's Nest (5 minute drive away) for breathtaking views of the York River Valley http://www.bancroftontario.com/eagles-nest
- http://www.bancroftontario.com/trails-clubs/ or this site, http://www.thetrail.ca/ Whether you're biking, ATVing, walking, running, or snowmobiling the area offers many mutli-use trails. From the Hastings Heritage Trail to township maintained trails, forest access roads the possibilities for adventure are endless!
http://www.bancroftdistrict.com/tours.php Guided Interpretive nature tours offered to visitors and residents including the Local fish hatchery, forestry tours, naturalist themed tours (birds and flowers), and an autumn elk tour.
- The largest gem and Mineral show in Canada, The Rockhound Gemboree is held in Bancroft every year. http://www.bancroftontario.com/rockhound-gemboree
- http://www.bancroftontario.com/atving/ Don't forget to bring your ATV
- http://www.bancroftontario.com/golfing/ Or your golf clubs
http://www.southalgonquintrails.com/ Horseback riding in Algonquin Park
http://www.bancroftvillageplayhouse.ca/ Looking for something different in the summer, how about a live play?
http://www.couplesresort.ca/Attractions/Articles/Nature/eganschute.htmEgan Chutes, beautiful scenery, easy hiking, booming waterfalls. Pack and lunch and be prepared to be wrapped in nature's beauty!
http://www.beautifulbancroft.ca/index.php/special-events/wheels-water-wings Wheels, Water & Wings Event, July 8th through 10th, 2016. 5th annual outdoor event and growing each year, lots of fun activities!
http://ontarioshighlands.ca/things-to-do/activities/ Maynooth is close by and offers so much!